Existing Palo Alto Networks firewall customer. Provide expertise in the planning, staging, deployment, operation, tuning, and support of the “CCGv2” (Common Computing Gateway) environment. The existing deployment consists of approx. 24 5xxx platforms that are currently not utilizing the full potential of the technology. RE support will be centered on the migration of traffic from said devices to a more sophisticated NGFW configuration – taking advantage of features and capabilities that are not in practice today
- Work full-time at the customer site
- Consult and guide customer on security best practices and act as Trusted Advisor for client on behalf of Palo Alto Networks
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports, providing input and direction as applicable
- Build custom security policies and application signatures
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose cases
- Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner
- Maintain the Palo Alto Networks solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc
- Work with sales account team to help formulate technical strategy to address customer business needs
- Support direct manager in managing business needs through weekly reports and Quarterly Business Reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to communicate to sr. leaders and technical peers
- Minimum 2 years of experience managing security solutions in large environments
Extensive knowledge of different security threats
- Strong understanding of core Internet protocols and applications
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of high-end firewall appliances, ideally Palo Alto Networks products
- Strong TCP/IP networking skills
- Ability to effectively manage many different tasks simultaneously
- Extensive background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies required
- Proven project leadership experience; ability to drive organizations and resources to complete required tasks in service of end goals
- Expert level relationship management, communications skills and interpersonal skills to manage face to face communications on a daily basis with multiple levels of customer management and engineering staff across multiple departments within the host company in a responsible and professional fashion.
- Expert level troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with development level engineering staff.
- Apply Next Generation technology to better control external traffic using UserID, AppID, Global Protect, Security Profiles while leveraging existing infrastructure.
- VMware + NSX integration experience w/ VM-Series NGFW.
- Datacenter segmentation experience
Please leave your details here below and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks for your interest in Cypress Consulting.