The Resident Engineer (RE) will provide expert support, analysis and research into complex problems and processes relating to deployed Palo Alto Networks equipment. The RE will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer’s personnel. The RE will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams within the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. The RE contributes to the development of new principles and concepts, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the RE will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products and solutions deployed within the Customer’s network.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven ability to communicate to sr. leaders and technical peers and customer Business Units.
- Minimum 4 years of experience managing security solutions in large environments.
- Extensive knowledge of security segmentation design and implementation.
- Strong understanding of core Internet protocols and applications.
- Detailed technical experience in the installation, configuration and operation of Palo Alto Networks NGFW.
- Strong Cisco route/switch networking skills.
- Ability to effectively manage many different tasks simultaneously.
- Extensive background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies required.
- Proven project leadership experience; ability to drive organizations and resources to complete required tasks in service of end goals.
- Expert level relationship management, communications skills and interpersonal skills to manage face to face communications on a daily basis with multiple levels of customer management and engineering staff across multiple departments within the host company in a responsible and professional fashion.
- Expert level troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with development level engineering staff.
- Design and implement Zero Trust network segmentation with Cisco network products.
- Palo Alto PA-5020 with PANOS 7.1.14 experience.
- Hyper converge Nutanix and Nexus 10K experience.
- Threat and TRAPS experience preferred.
- Cisco route / switch and policy configuration.
- Nutanix & Nexus
- Work full-time at the customer site.
- Consult and guide customer on security best practices and act as Trusted Advisor for client on behalf of Palo Alto Networks.
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports, providing input and direction as applicable.
- Build Zero Trust segmentation in a Cisco network with Palo Alto PA-5000 series NGFW’s.
Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose cases.
- Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Palo Alto Networks solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc.
- Work with sales account team to help formulate technical strategy to address customer business needs.
- Support direct manager in managing business needs through weekly reports and Quarterly Business Reviews.