The Resident Engineer (RE) will provide expert support, analysis and research into complex problems and processes relating to deployed Palo Alto Networks equipment. The RE will function as the Palo Alto Networks products Subject Matter Expert (SME) and will interact directly with the customer’s personnel. The RE will serve as the technical expert on executive-level project teams within the customer providing technical direction, interpretation, and alternatives. The RE contributes to the development of new principles and concepts, works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. This is a highly technical, hands-on role and the RE will be required to develop and maintain an expertise on the products and solutions deployed within the Customer’s network.
- Work full-time at the customer site for a period of 1 year (minimum)
- Maintain current deployment of NGEN FW enterprise
- Work with multiple departments to provide guidance and reporting on current state of NGEN FW.
- Provide input to customer for future design to correctly incorporate NGEN features and products.
- Analyze logs and events from the solution and provide threat analysis reports
- Build custom security policies and application signatures.
- Interact with the Palo Alto Networks TAC to troubleshoot and diagnose cases Mitigate web-based threats in a timely manner.
- Maintain the Palo Alto Networks solution and provide guidance on code upgrades, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Expert level relationship management, communications skills and interpersonal skills to manage face to face communications on a daily basis with multiple levels of customer management and engineering staff across multiple departments within the host company in a responsible and professional fashion.
- Expert Level understanding of Panorama management and configuration.
- Strong understanding of UerID, Ad integration, and Security Profile Groups.
- Strong TCP/IP networking skills.
- Strong understanding of IPSEC.
- Extensive background in internetworking, LAN, and WAN technologies required.
- Strong understanding of troubleshooting methodology to isolate and identify configuration, design, and software anomalies; ability to clearly articulate findings in written and verbal communications with development level engineering staff.
- BS/MS or equivalent experience required.
Technical skills in the following is beneficial: Checkpoint Systems