For a customer in the United States (East Coast) we are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. Start date as soon as possible. This position doesn’t need onsite presence and can be done for 90 % remotely. Reports to the Chief Software Architect, and responsible for the overall Infrastructure Architecture strategy, design and implementation.
- Hands-on experience in networking security, databases, cloud and on-premise systems.
- Profound knowledge in various scripting languages, system and server administration and mass systems deployments at scale.
- Wide knowledge of operating system administration, programming languages, cloud platform deployment and networking protocols.
- Outstanding knowledge of release engineering, creating tools for engineering organization and performance optimization.
- Implementation of extensive monitoring capabilities.
- Ability to work remotely and self-manage.
- To design and implement tools for managing the infrastructure in line with the strategic and tactical architectural goals.
- To develop a scripted approach to the infrastructure and associated code management processes striving to automate the management and deployment of Axim’s products.
- To create and manage project plans furthering the development of Axim’s infrastructure.
- Own the performance, security, scalability and cost-effectiveness of Axim’s product deployments.
- Create and maintain all associated infrastructure documentation
- 3-5 years working in a product or SaaS focused company.
- Additional experience in in some of the following technologies:
- Windows shell scripting
- SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS),
- SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS),
- Business Objects,
- Cognos BI
- Crystal Reports in support of AVAYA Contact Center Products
- Experience in a consulting organization.
SME knowledge of the following technologies:
- Current DevOps tools and techniques such as Docker, Ansible, Teraform, etc.
- CI/CD implementation.
- Big Data technologies including Hadoop, Redis, ETL/ELT.
- Information systems security, tools, processes and techniques.